Thursday, May 10, 2012

[prom week] appetizers

As you know, I hosted seven couples for dinner for prom last week.  I saw it as a great opportunity to try some of the hundreds of recipes I've been "pinning" over on Pinterest.  The hands down favorite appetizer recipe?  These honey glazed chicken and bacon bites from Kayotic Kitchen.  Delicious!


I will tell you this.  I made them and served them without even trying them ahead of time.  I do that a lot.  It's the optimist in me.  Chicken-bacon-honey...how can you go wrong?  I knew they would be good.  But I wasn't expecting fantastic.  Anyway.  After the kids raved so much about them, I decided we had better make them for the family to try.  And we did.  And they were yummy.  But, my oven was tied up at the time, so I decided to grill them.  My son informed me that the grilled version was not even half as  good as the baked version.  So, follow the recipe and cook them in the oven.  Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...